Thursday 31 December 2009

The Green Eyed Goddess Wednesday, 25 November 2009



The Green Eyed Goddess

PT 1

There was always something about this woman, I named her The Green Eyed Goddess. She stood tall, perfect at 5’9 across the platform of the train station, an absolute unparalleled vision of beauty and elegance. The sheath like dark black dress that she was wearing embraced her figure and the skirt part of the dress hugged her hips and stretched down to her thighs.

She had dark brown shoulder length hair, which swept down one side of her face more or less covering her left eye. Every so often she would flip her head so that her vision was cleared. She was beautiful, with a warm and inviting smile.

It would be summer every day, if only I could share my life with this woman. I watched her every morning standing in silence. As I glanced around, I saw devoted couples, hand in hand in perfect union, their joy fulfilled.



PT 2

We were both from two different worlds both going in opposite directions. Yet we were connected by the same train line. We were together but not actually united, two nomadic souls seeking to discover their purpose in life.

My side of the platform stood mostly empty. My soul and happiness had taken the form of this woman of extraordinary beauty, bright, inquisitive mind, and a magnetic personality, drawing in all those in close proximity to her, aspiring to be her friend.

Even with so many people around her she seemed lonely. I guess we were both lonely. Yet life’s train journey can be a pleasant thing, a trip across yonder to sunny blue skies, a change, before arriving at your final destination.

PT 3

I guess I’m the type of man who wants to give love, and all that it really meant. Any particular route or passageway is about giving and its far better to bestow and discover unconditional love than to never love at all. The journey of existence may be lengthy with twists and turns yet fruitful and rewarding shared with the right spirit.

Situated at the end of the platform station, I saw myself as nobody special, there isn’t anything unique or extraordinary about me. Nothing has come to pass within my entire travel that hasn't happened to virtually everybody else on this planet. Except for the brief fortuitous encounters with the Green Eyed Goddess.

In life not so often you just know that there is, or they are - The One, from a momentary action, the fluttering of her Gazelle kohl-lined eye lashes were as mesmeric and intoxicating all at the same time. She brought the promise of warmth, sunshine, and continued illuminated days.

She had it all and to travel with her would be like a marvel dream, a living fantasy from which you would never want to awake. The world would seem new and vibrant and togetherness and oneness would seemingly last forever.

The Green Eyed Goddess is the type of lady that would devote all of her life towards you achieving your goals, helping you reach life’s potential and for me the prospect of being in her arms would be my only reason, desire, ambition and aspiration.



PT 4

Watching her across the station I knew that I could honour this woman for the rest of my life. Despite the distance between us, I’ve always found ways everyday to wish and prompt myself that one day we could be together.

For a while I have imagined what would be necessary for me to just walk to the other side of this platform. Weeks and months would pass, yet I could never pluck up the bravery to converse with her.

All I needed now was to chance upon the correct words, so that I could express my feelings. I just needed to some how promise and dedicated my life to her and to verbalize that I wanted to share my beautiful sunrise and sunset with her by my side.

Her train pulled into the station. It always left at 8.30 sharp. I was becoming nervous, having already been walking about the station for an hour. I glimpsed her framed in the window and I almost shouted out to her that no matter which direction life may take you, that love (Our love) will one day surely take us together to the paradise that she has always imagined.

PT 5

Just within a few minutes of the train leaving, an announcement played over the tannoy reporting a delay and that all passengers situated on platform two would need to cross over to platform one.

The departures board usually a screen hanging from the roof, showed a list for the next few trains leaving from this station and that there would be a thirty minute delay.

I made my way to the other side and onto her train knowing that this would be my stroke of luck. My kismet had changed and for some weird and wonderful reason she was sitting unaccompanied.

‘Is this seat taken?’ I enquired.

‘No.’ she smiled nodding her head.

It was amazing that sometimes with no real words said and just by the simplest of smiles your whole world can change.

We both looked at each other exchanged greetings and then and there I knew that today was going to be a terrific day, a blessed day that was going to change the rest of my life. One thing you will never know is where or when your opportunity will arise for you to bump into your love.

Her name was Anne, we struck up a conversation and within 15 minutes of our meeting she tenderly held my hand, looked into my eyes and asked

"Do you believe in fate?"

‘Yes’ I replied.

There was an instant bond between us. There was no doubt in our hearts, that we had feelings for each other and for me to just sit next to her was the very thing that I could possibly had wished for. A paradise, a new start and the love of my life after all these years being alone.

I believed in us and there was no question in my mind that our meeting was divine fate. The Green Eyed Goddess was my love and no one else could ever have that part of my soul.

The beating rhythm of the clattering from the train's wheels started to draw out from the station. We had no idea which direction we were heading.

But one thing I knew for certain was that I wouldn’t live the rest of my life feeling lonely anymore, because I was at last finally travelling with my Green Eyed Goddess.

No comments: